Tuesday, July 7, 2015

There's Just Something Special....

about seeing your kids light up when they wake up to a fresh batch of blackberry jam. The smiles on their faces as bite into their morning toast smeared with what was fresh berries on the vine not 24 hours before, does a mama's heart good. I love it!

I've spent the last week scouring recipes to preserve the bounty of foods that are coming from our garden. Some, I've followed exactly, others, I've made my own. It's a great feeling of accomplishment to see rows of deliciously canned jams, jellies, pickles, and relishes, and knowing that your family will eat well during the winter months.

So what have I done this week? Squash relish, bread and butter pickles, fermented dill pickles, and blackberry jam! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment