Saturday, July 11, 2015

Delicious Summer Salad

Often times, when out in the garden, I formulate recipes in my head as I pick vegetables. Yesterday was no exception. This time of year, squash and peppers are abundant, and I often scramble to figure out fresh & delicious recipes for my family. I don't want them to feel they are constantly eating the same thing over and over again. I mean, I can eat smothered squash everyday, but teenagers seem to need variety in their lives; and let's  be real, variety IS the spice of life! My challenge, come up with an enjoyable side dish using squash & peppers. Well, I succeeded! It was SO good, my family asked for it again today. I see it becoming a regular at our dinner table, and an easy fresh dish for those summer barbeques. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!

2 Ears of corn
1 Yellow squash chopped small
1 Chili pepper (or jalapeƱo) seeds removed and minced
1 Red bell pepper chopped small
Salt to taste (I didn't measure, just sprinkled some on)
1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Removed corn from cobs, add remaining ingredients, mix together & enjoy! It taste delicious freshly made, but it's even better when it sits in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment